Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A French Country Nautical Basement: After

After only 3 days, alot of shopping, planning, painting and stringing popcorn with cranberries this basement transformed into a cheerful environment ready for guest to enjoy!

This window I got back in july from a friend's old farm, I was waiting for the perfect client and perfect wall to display it on and I found it! The perfect siting area.




I made this Noel banner out or burlap and navy cotton. I cut the letters out of the navy and cut rectangles out of burlap. Then (with help) I sewed the letters on the burlap for a real home made country feel.




We found these ball mason jars at micheals for only $15.99!!!! They fit perfect in the window sills and the best part is the home owner's can fill the jars according to each season. Since this was for a christmas eve gather we filled them with navy ornaments. For spring they can do cork or flowers, and summer they can do sand and shells!



Here is my famous red rocking chair!!! I think I had a smile on my face the whole time I was painting this! Notice the tree with hand strung popcorn and cranberries, SO CLASSIC!

This was so much fun to plan and create and even under such time constraints I think it turned out amazing!!! I would love your comments on this project.

1 comment: